Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, which includes, without limitation:
- Contact data, including your name, shipping address, email address and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Account data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us.
- If you choose to login to the Site via a third-party platform or social media network, we may collect information from that platform or network. You can read more about your privacy choices with respect to such platforms in the “Options” section below.
- Feedback, such as information you provide and content that you upload when you contact us with questions, feedback, upload attachments, or otherwise correspond with us online (including our social media pages).
- Payment data, such as credit card number and expiration date, account number, and billing and shipping address.
- Transaction data, such as details about the products you browse and the purchase you make on our Site.
- Engagement data, such as details about the products you browse and the purchases you make on our Site, and your preferences for receiving communication about our activities and publications.
Automatically collected data. We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Device Identifier,” such as Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for advertising, the website you visited before browsing our Site, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- “Online activity data,” such as browsing history, search history, whether you clicked on or opened one of our emails, which of our pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Use of Personal Information
Operations. We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- communicate with you
- provide, operate, and improve the Site and our services
- establish and maintain your account on the Site
- facilitate your login to the Site via third-party identity and access management providers
- enable security features of the Site, such as by sending you security codes via email, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
- communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site and our communications
- respond to your requests, questions, and feedback
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services
- provide you with customer support when needed
Research and development. We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Marketing. As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing” section below.
Compliance, fraud prevention and safety. Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information with:
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the service (such as payment, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management services). These third parties may use your personal information only as directed or authorized by us and in a manner consistent with this Policy and are prohibited from using or disclosing your information for any other purpose.
Advertising partners. We may enable advertising partners to automatically collect information directly from our Site for targeted marketing purposes.
Other users of the Site and social media. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Site or certain social media platforms. For instance, we may allow you to share your purchases with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Pinterest. We do not control how other users, or third parties, use any personal information that you make available to other users or third-party platforms.
Authorities and others. We may also share personal information with third parties: (i) for our compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes, including in connection with a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or when otherwise required by law; and (ii) in connection with, or during negotiation of, a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, or similar event.
Opt out of marketing communications. If at any time you wish to opt-out of future newsletters or other promotional emails, you may click the “unsubscribe” link in the email or otherwise contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Access, update or delete information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account. You may delete your account or your registry by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies & browser web storage. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Site may not work properly. Similarly, your browser settings may allow you to clear your browser web storage. You can find out more about opting out of cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Targeted advertising. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser settings. Blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. By using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: https://optout.aboutads.info/
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked to above.
Do Not Track. Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Data Retention. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Third Party Platforms or Social Media Networks. If you choose to connect to the Site via a third-party platform or social media network, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third-party at the time you login to the Site using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise connect your account. Subsequently, you may be able to control your settings through the third-party’s platform or service. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third-party.
Information About Children
The Site is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Site from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Third Party Sites
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact:
• Email: email@example.com
• Mail: Change of Scenery, LLC, 195 South Road, Port Washington, NY, 11050, United States